Monday, October 1, 2012

Lost Wax. Musical Movements, Tinkering, Pilchuck Auction

The first week at Pilchuck as an Emerging Artist in Residence has been spent researching and planning in the best way I know how: compile, alter, and tinker. My fellow EAiRs are exceptional artists, and very knowledgable, and it has been great to observe their work process and discuss ideas and technical concerns with them. I look forward to seeing our shared studio space change as our individual projects evolve. Below are a couple snapshots of my work table, and some inspirations for the direction of my work:


My table.


The Vibroplex semiautomatic Morse Code paddle.




Caption reads: Edison listens to his wax cylinder phonograph at 5:30 A.M. on June 16, 1888. Genius, he said, was one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration.

The Berliner gramophone, circa 1894.



Check out the Pilchuck Annual Auction Catalog for 2012 online by following the link below. The Auction event will be in Seattle on October 12th. My piece I donated won a Juror's Choice Award. You can find it on page 110.

http://issuu.com/pilchuckglassschool/docs/pilchuck_catalog__12?mode=window&backgroundColor=#e9e9e9

No comments:

Post a Comment